Monday, April 19, 2010

Web Filtering

Hello all-

=20

Is anyone using Purewire web filtering? It's owned by Barracuda so I
assume it does a decent job, but here's my question: We have seen an
overabundance of malware at school recently and it is all coming from
off campus (when students and teachers bring their laptops home). I was
wondering if anyone is using Purewire and if it helps to block malware
off campus. I know it's suppose to in principal but does it actually do
a good job? We have Endpoint protection on all the computers but it
does not do anything for malware.

=20

Thanks for any response.

Tim

=20

If you are using something else that is working to prevent malware I
would appreciate it if you would be willing to let me know about it.


[ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=3D128874 ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L