Friday, May 22, 2009

Re: video game creation...

Both packages are easy to use and designed for students. Big difference
between MicroWorlds and Scratch in functionality/purpose but especially in
price. Scratch is FREE. MicroWorlds is a great product but $1400 for a
site license is tough to sell when independent schools are cutting staff and
budgets. Otherwise I'd love to add it to my students' repetoire. Another
free choice is StarLogo TNG (3D heir to the Logo crown).
http://education.mit.edu/drupal/starlogo-tng

Dan Berger
JPDS - NC