Friday, May 22, 2009

Re: The FirstClass iPhone Application

A forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> on May
22, 2009 at 2:05 PM -0400 wrote:
> At the time it sounded like OpenText
>was the cause of the delay due to failure to obtain and include the
>export license as part of their submission of their iPhone app to Apple.

This is not the case anymore (we're a FC school). OT had the export
license from the US Govt in about two weeks. Its been sitting at Apple for
at least a month with everything they need.

What's more disappointing is that OpenText was pushing how cool the iPhone
was when working with your FC, but Apple seems to have a real problem with
this program. The bigger problem... the lack of communication.

As an Apple supporter, I'm particularly disappointed in this situation.

Peter Hoopes
Director of Technology
St. Andrew's School
phoopes@standrews-de.org