Monday, May 18, 2009

Re: ISED/RFID Id Badges for Students

- We rolled out a card swipe system in February. We coordinated with
the Keyscan installer and the school's yearbook photographer to
create cards that have the student name, class year, and photo. The
plan is for the card to serve them as long as they are enrolled. We
will not collect them in the summer but will remind the students that
the card must not be tossed. They are supposed to report a lost card
and pay a fee for a replacement. I created a group for the students
that is only active 7am until 5pm Monday - Friday so an unreported
lost card is of no value during nights and weekends.

- I believe our new food service company will set up a cashless
system. We were told that Keyscan is compatible with Backbaud.

Carl Campion
Archmere Academy