Monday, May 18, 2009

Re: ISED/RFID Id Badges for Students

We issue prox cards to all high school students when they enter high
school. They are expected to hold on to their card until they graduate.
Some actually do! Others pay for a replacement card, or many, depending
upon their success in hanging on to them.

For now, the integrated technology only gets them in and out of secured
spaces. We have not yet layered on additional functionality. That said,
the cards also work in the library and bookstore thanks to a barcode
rendered on the card.

- Bryan

A forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> on