Friday, May 22, 2009

Re: The FirstClass iPhone Application

Fred,

I saw a posting approx. 3 or 4 weeks ago on one of their reseller's
web sites that stated that OpenText had a workable FC client for the
iPhone but had failed to secure a US export license for the app and it
couldn't be placed in the App Store for that reason. The posting went
on to state that they were uncertain how long it would take to procure
the export license.

Just went back to the reseller's web site when your posting appeared
in order to check my recollection, however the posting I described
below is no longer on the site. At the time it sounded like OpenText
was the cause of the delay due to failure to obtain and include the
export license as part of their submission of their iPhone app to Apple.

HTH,

Mark

On May 22, 2009, at 12:34 PM, Fred Bartels wrote:

> Please excuse the cross post.
>
> I'm sitting in a meeting with FirstClass folks and they do not know
> why it
> is taking so long to get the FirstClass app onto the App store.
>
> They said people should feel free to ask their Apple reps what is
> going
> on. Apple has had the client for around 50 days. FirstClass has
> received
> only one short email from Apple (saying they were reviewing the app)
> during that entire period.
>
> The iPhone app, which was demonstrated, looks great.
>
> Thanks for anything you can do to encourage Apple to push this out.
>
> Fred
>
> -------------------------
> Fred Bartels
> Head - Computer Department