Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Re: Schools Using Wordpress

Make sure you look at the latest version - they've done a wonderful job
on usability! The new administration interface is leap years ahead of
the old version.

PS - I use Wordpress for most of the web sites I create - it's easy to
use and easy to change the design. However, when there's a need for
more capabilities, I usually go with Drupal. Drupal is one of the most
complete Content Management Systems I've seen

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 17:50 -0700, Jonathan Mergy wrote:

> Mark,
>
> I use it for a couple of external student or faculty project sites, but not
> a main 'all-in-one' solution. Useful because it can be easily maintained by
> those running the project and database driven.
>

> Jonathan
> Jonathan Mergy (jmergy@lwhs.org)
> Director Of Technology
> Lick-Wilmerding High School
> 755 Ocean Ave, SF CA 94112
> P:415.585.1725 x365
> http://www.lwhs.org
>

> > From: Mark Murrell <mark.murrell@gmail.com>
> > Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 17:48:39 -0500
> > To: ISED-L <ISED-L@listserv.syr.edu>
> > Subject: Schools Using Wordpress
> >
> > I am curious to know if any schools have used Wordpress as their single
> > provider for managing all of the website needs, i.e. as a cull content
> > management system?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > --
> >
> > [ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
> > Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,
> > non-commercial, share-alike license.
> > RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L

> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.

Matt Burkhardt, MS Technology Management
Impari Systems, Inc.
502 Fairview Avenue
Frederick, MD 21701
mlb@imparisystems.com