Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Re: Global humanities curriculum

Hi George -

You might want to post something about your project in an online
community that I run on global education:
http://globaleducation.ning.com. You can also search for potential
project partners in the members area and contact people directly.

Hope that helps,

Lucy Gray
Lead Technology Coach
The University of Chicago
Urban Education Institute
(773) 834-4078
lucyg@uchicago.edu
http://lucygray.org

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 12:38 PM, George Swain
<gswain@poughkeepsieday.org> wrote:
> Dear friends,
>

> Our middle school teachers are planning to expand the 5th and 6th grade
> humanities curriculum to include a comparative history of China and
> Cordoba, Spain. The themes of religion, feudalism and trade are of
> particular interest. The current study is "medieval Europe" and touches
> mainly on Britain and Central Europe. =A0Does anyone have recommendations
> for contacts at schools that teach a global or cross-cultural curriculum
> at this level?
>

> Warm regards,
>

> George Swain
>
> Head of Middle School
>
> Poughkeepsie Day School
>
> 845-462-7600 ext. 222

> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,=
non-commercial, share-alike license.