Friday, March 20, 2009

Re: Email Addresses/Spam

Melissa -=20

On our Finalsite pages, we use the same javascript method mentioned by ot=
hers. For other web pages, I use a small program for Mac call Spam Stoppe=
r from Railhead Design that quickly generates the javascript for me.

For antispam, I'd like to put in a plug for Abaca. We've used them for th=
e past several years and they have a very high accuracy rate, about 99%. =
They were recently awarded the contract to filter all mail for Yahoo!

-----
Treat each piece of paper as precious and reduce waste - don't print elec=
tronic documents.
-----
Steve Taffee 650.470.7725 (office)
Director of Technology 415.613.6684 (mobile)
Castilleja School 650.326.8036 (fax)
1310 Bryant Street steve_taffee@castilleja.org =20
Palo Alto, CA 94301 www.castilleja.org | taffee.edublogs.or=
Women Learning, Women Leading
-------

'
>s has always refrained from posting real email addresses on the
=20
>public areas of our website. For instance, instead of posting the email
=20
>address for the Director of Admission, we use a generic email that forwa=
rds
=20
>to her at the server level: directorofadmission@stmarysschool.org
>The reason we post in this manner is to help alleviate some of the spam =
and
=20
'
>t infallible. My questions to the group are: Do you
=20
>follow a similar practice regarding the posting of real email addresses =
in
=20
>public areas of your website? If no, how do you control the spam? Have y=
ou
=20
>found a spam filter that is more effective than the Barracuda? Any comme=
nts
=20