Friday, June 6, 2008

Re: Role of Computers in Student Assessment and Final Exams

I love the idea of using the laptops during assessment. We have not
moved that way yet at our school, but it makes sense. The tools are
available to use, so turning them off (spell check and the internet)
make no sense to me. It seems to me we should be teaching students how
to learn, and how to problem solve, how to go out and find the
information if they are not sure. =20

I agree this requires a totally different way of thinking about
assessment, but the world is changing and I personally think assessment
should change too.

Renee Ramig
Director of Technology
Seven Hills School
=20
The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing. John
Powell