Friday, June 6, 2008

Re: Photo editing for publications

I have used Gimp before. I used it with students. I'm a fan of open
sources but honestly, GIMP isn't as user friendly as Photoshop but it's
fine as an image editing application comparable to Photoshop. I finally
got Adobe CS3 this year because we wanted to use InDesign for creating
the yearbook. Scribus was still in beta release when I last looked into
it and wasn't recommended by the developers themselves for production use.

You can get CS3 Creative Suite for about $4000 for a school license. I'm
not sure on the details as to how many computers/accounts can use it at
once but contact a reseller and look into it. We got it this year.

Damianne President
IT Coordinator
Khartoum American School