Friday, June 6, 2008

Re: Photo editing for publications

We use Adobe Photoshop CS3 for image preparation for our yearbook and
literary magazine which are then produced using InDesign and Acrobat 8.
Several years ago we divided the former "Writing for Print" staff into
Design Graphics and Journalism which the students have greatly preferred
as it allows them to develop their specific interests. Next year an
Advanced section of Design Graphics will undertake the certification
curriculum for the Adobe Certified Associate while learning Photoshop in
much greater depth.

When teaching Photography for purposes other than CMYK high-quality
printing, I teach Picasa2 which meets the needs of the average user
extremely well and for no cost.

Karolyne Lucero, EdD
Technology Coordinator
Saint Edward's School