Friday, June 6, 2008

Re: Photo editing for publications

We use Aperture on a MacBookPro for retouching. Students also use GIMP
on their MacBooks, if needed.

For yearbook page set up, we use Apple iWork- Pages. This gives our
students the upmost flexibility and they are able to do a lot with
their work. My only complaint is that our yearbook provider
(Lifetouch) does not allow use to upload greater than 10 MB unless we
mail them the files on CDs.

For any marketing/publications we use Pages again. We have a Brother
MFC-9420CN, while it does not have the best color. It does work when
we are in a pinch.

--Lisa

---
Lisa Sjogren