Monday, May 5, 2008

Re: Web site - terms of use

Emily,

If you don't allow posting or don't have portions password
protected, you really don't need a terms of use - it just makes a lawyer
a couple of bucks and most of them don't say much of anything.

If you do allow posting or have sections that are covered by
security, it's a good idea to have them. I think it's best to just
write down in plain English what you want to tell or inform people
about, but here's an example with a bunch of legalese -
http://www.sandan.org/resourcelibrary/sandan/sandanwebdocs/sandantou.pdf

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 07:35 -0600, Greg Kearney wrote:

> And how would you ever enforce these "terms of use" even if you have
> them?
>
> On May 5, 2008, at 6:42 AM, Emily S. Auerswald wrote:
>
> > Does your school's web site include a "terms of use" section? If
> > so, what have you included in these terms?
> >
> > Thanks!

> > Emily S. Auerswald
> > Indian Creek School
> > 1130 Anne Chambers Way
> > Crownsville, MD 21032
> > eauerswald@indiancreekschool.com
> >

> > [ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
> > Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons,
> > attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
> > RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L

> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.

Matt Burkhardt, MSTM
President
Impari Systems, Inc.
Phone: (301) 644-3911