Thursday, May 15, 2008

Re: anyone use aa Axiotron Modbook?

The modbook sounds great for some applications (and its a mac). One
limitation of the Mod Book is that, unlike some tablets that have two
modes - on tablet and another that you can twist the screen and use a
builtin keyboard in a more traditional computer configuation, the modbook
only has a virtual keyboard. You can attach a usb keyboard to it (you can
get a flexible roll up one from other vendors) but that is a little
awkward. You wouldn't need a mouse because it is a table. It has a really
nice screen and seems durable. If you get one please tell us how it goes.

Tim Cooper
LREI

A forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> writes:
>I've used a Tablet PC for the past few years in my school, and I'm due
>for a replacement this coming summer. Our IT director asked me yesterday
>if I'm interested in getting a Modbook (www.axiotron.com) instead of a
>Windows tablet.
>
>I've used Macs extensively both at school and at home, but I have no
>experience whatsoever with the Modbook. Any feedback?
>
>Many thanks,
>Dave Wang
>The Bay School of San Francisco
>
>[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
>Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,
>non-commercial, share-alike license.
>RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L

Tim Cooper
HS Computer Coordinator
Ninth Grade Dean
K-12 Tech Dept Chairperson
LREI - Little Red Schoolhouse and Elisabeth Irwin HS
40 Charlton St.
New York, NY 10014
212.477.5316 ext 364
tcooper@lrei.org