Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Re: Printing Strategies

Here is what I use:
=20
Strategy 1 - Get rid of all inkjet printers.
Strategy 2 - Put a networked, entry level, black and white laser in each =
classroom. =20
Strategy 3 - Put a networked, mid level (or high level when I can afford =
it) color printer in each building (I use solid ink for the classrooms =
as it is cheap. I have one HP printer in the admin building that can be =
used by anyone and is the only color printer where outputs can be =
laminated. The price per page is higher though.)
Strategy 4 - Key administrators, connect printer locally either in =
addition to or instead of network, so if the network is ever down, they =
can still print.
=20
Stategy 5 - Try to stick with a printer brand and model for all =
classroom printers. This only works so well, as printer models seem to =
change about every couple of days! =20
=20
Renee Ramig
Seven Hills School