Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Re: Corrupted DNS Entry

Is the domain Active Directory integrated? If not, you should be able to s=
ee the zone files in %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\DNS, and from there delete it.

S
---
Steven Dickenson <sdickenson@keyschool.org>
Computer Network Manager
The Key School, Annapolis Maryland


> -----Original Message-----
> From: A forum for independent school educators [mailto:ISED-
> L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Renee Ramig
> Sent: Monday, July 06, 2009 2:37 PM
> To: ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
> Subject: Corrupted DNS Entry
>=20
> Hi Everyone,
>=20
> I need help from some of the more techie people out there.
>=20
> I did not have a content filter installed this past year, so I messed aro=
und
> with creating new DNS entries on my Windows 2003 server to basically have
> users go to nowhere when they tried to go to specific websites.
>=20
> One of the entries (for facebook) is now corrupt. I just want to go in a=
nd
> delete it, but nothing I do in DNS will allow me to access the entry in a=
ny
> way, including to delete it. I get a red X and a message that says Zone =
Not
> Loaded by DNS Server. I cannot access the properties. When I try to del=
ete
> it, I get the message "The zone cannot be delete. Access was denied.) (=
I am
> logged in directly to the server where I created the dns record.)
>=20
> Does anyone know how to delete this out of the registry using regedit? Or=
is
> there some other way to force the DNS server to delete this corrupted DNS
> entry?
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Renee Ramig
> Seven Hills School
>=20
> [ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,=
non-
> commercial, share-alike license.
> RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L

[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L