Monday, July 6, 2009

Corrupted DNS Entry

Hi Everyone,

I need help from some of the more techie people out there.

I did not have a content filter installed this past year, so I messed =
around with creating new DNS entries on my Windows 2003 server to =
basically have users go to nowhere when they tried to go to specific =
websites.

One of the entries (for facebook) is now corrupt. I just want to go in =
and delete it, but nothing I do in DNS will allow me to access the entry =
in any way, including to delete it. I get a red X and a message that =
says Zone Not Loaded by DNS Server. I cannot access the properties. =
When I try to delete it, I get the message "The zone cannot be delete. =
Access was denied.) (I am logged in directly to the server where I =
created the dns record.)

Does anyone know how to delete this out of the registry using regedit? =
Or is there some other way to force the DNS server to delete this =
corrupted DNS entry?

Thanks,

Renee Ramig
Seven Hills School

[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L