Saturday, September 20, 2008

Re: Web SiteDesign/Management

Maureen,

Greetings from Ravenscroft in Raleigh, NC! This summer we migrated 3
separate databases (PCR, Raiser's Edge, and Financial Edge) to Breuer &
Co.'s Veracross S.I.S. at the same time we migrated from a Whipple Hill
front end website to a Finalsite front end website.

I mention both companies as I truly believe you need to find a partnership
between the pretty web front end and the power of an integrated database
system in the backend. I believe we have found that with Finalsite and
Veracross.

As with any migration, there will be headaches (I agree with a previous
posting about owning your data) but we have been extremely pleased with the
process. And moving forward we believe we have found not one, but two
companies that are looking to push this kind of integration within the
independent school community.

If you want to know more in detail please do not hesitate to drop me a line
or give me a call.

Sincerely,
Jason T. Ramsden
Chief Technology Officer
Ravenscroft School
919-847-0900 x2214
jramsden@ravenscroft.org

[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L