Monday, September 29, 2008

Re: smart boards vs laptops with projectors

We have both here. We find the SMART Boards work great in classrooms with
younger children - they like to get up and interact with the board - and
it's a good focus point for the younger kids. We have tablets in the
Middle and Upper schools and that seems to work well. The kids have
better motor skills to work with the tablets. I can also imagine they
would be great if every kids had a tablet of their own.

I think they are essentially the same thing - the only thing that changes
is where the user interacts with it.

page

Page Lennig
Technology Director