Monday, September 22, 2008

Re: Headphones

Students in 7th, 9th, and 10th (our tablet years) were given a headset
with microphone as an accessory with their tablets. The decision to
provide a headset was because of an increase in use of applications that
require listening to as well as recording audio. The language department
needs headsets w/ mics as they move lab type activites onto the student
tablets during classtime as well as into the realm of homework.

Some of our laptop carts have a box of individually bagged headsets with
the cart and the library has a class set of headsets with microphones as
well. I do agree that that can be a little "gross."

The library also stocks cheap earbuds for $1.00 and the bookstore stocks
headsets with microphones.
Its becoming a more essentail piece of equipment for us.
Elizabeth Helfant
Upper School Technology
MICDS
St Louis, MO 63124