Friday, September 19, 2008

Re: Academic technology v. technology education

On Sep 19, 2008, at 6:18 PM, David F. Withrow wrote:
> Any ideas how this can be the standard, not exceptional? The best
> I have heard from a
> significant leader of Independent Schools is that we have to wait
> until the Heads are
> younger: five to ten years. I am too old to be comforted by this.

Interesting comment and an excellent thread.

Are there schools where the Heads are understanding and anxious to
move forward, but find the institutional culture holding back for a
variety of reasons?

The idea of digital natives dominating independent school headships
fits a 5-10 year timeframe. What will become of the elder statesmen/
teachers who are struggling to adapt?

Warmest regards,
Ezra

Ezra Adams