Friday, September 19, 2008

Re: ESL students

Hi!

We did this last spring, and it worked out fine - but it was a very
small class, only four kids total, which was highly individualized
except for Tuesday "conversation days." A more traditional class with
lots of whole-group instruction would have been much more difficult.

We do find, where our middle and upper school students mix,
predominantly in math classes and sports, that differences in levels
of maturity have only rarely been an issue. In part, it depends on how
it is presented to the kids.

Good luck!

Take care,
Bill Ivey