Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Re: Looking for input on Web hosts (Part2??)

We've also had very good luck with no-ip.com, which offers a similar
range of services including some very good spam filtering and
availability monitoring.

I would agree that with those services out there managing your own
authoritative DNS and MX services is just not worth the trouble.

Cheers,
Vern

Derrel Fincher wrote:
> Hi Norman,
>
> I can sympathize with your plight! While I can't recommend a web host, I
> will recommend http://www.dyndns.com as your authoritative DNS and as
> your backup MX. We use them for that as well as our recursive DNS
> service. I sleep easier knowing that if our primary MX goes offline for
> any reason, their backup MX will hold up to 10 days of mail for our 700
> accounts. And we get to manage all of the subdomains and the IPs that
> they point to. The price is reasonable as well. It also makes it very
> simple for us to use other hosts or services that are still branded with
> our domain.
>
> Derrel
>
> At 05:38 PM 12/12/2007 -0500, Norman Maynard wrote:
>
>> [ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
>> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons,
>> attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.

> Derrel Fincher
> Director of Information and Communication Technology
> Graded–The American School of São Paulo
> Associação Escola Graduada de São Paulo
> Caixa Postal 1976
> CEP 01059-970
> São Paulo, SP, Brasil
> dfincher@graded.br | http://www.graded.br

This time for sure!
-Bullwinkle J. Moose
Vern Ceder, Director of Technology
Canterbury School, 3210 Smith Road, Ft Wayne, IN 46804
vceder@canterburyschool.org; 260-436-0746; FAX: 260-436-5137