Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Software Storage at your school

Good morning, all! I have a question, the answer to which some might =
consider obvious, yet a perplexing one to me: Does you school have a =
policy about installing software on faculty computers?=20

By policy, I must become more specific: (1) Does the technology =
department keep the software? (2) Do the teachers keep the software? (3) =
Does the technology department make copies of the software and return =
the original copies to the teacher? (4) Does the technology department =
make copies of the software and return that to the teacher? (5) If the =
teacher owns the software, would your school permit him/her to keep the =
software in the classroom? These questions may be in conflict with one =
another, but these are the questions I have been facing at my school. I =
have no answers right now, just questions.=20

Thanks so much

=20
Philip W Hickey
Graland School