Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Re: Software Storage at your school

If the computer is personal, then we allow them to install their own
software.
If it is a school owned computer, then all software purchases and
installations must go through the Department of Technology.=20

In answer to your questions:
The technology department keeps all original software disks. Copies
are made for backup purposes only and are stored in a separate location.
We do not allow teacher owned software on the school computers. If the
software is needed by the teacher, the school will purchase a copy.

The main reason we have such a strict policy, is so that we can keep
accurate licensing records and stay compliant.

Jeff Dayton
Director of Technology
The Madeira School