Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Re: Connecting Nonschool issued laptops to your school's network

Last year we approved a project that will allow non-school owned =
computers to access the Internet via a segregated public WiFi network. =
I submitted a few inquiries to the ISED list at the time to see what =
other organizations were up to with regard to this question and I =
received some excellent replies that were useful in our deliberations =
(search the archives if interested).

We anticipate that students, parents, guest speakers, vendors, and =
teachers will all make use of the public WiFi system with their own =
computing devices. I'm hopeful that the system will be installed in =
time for the 2008-2009 school year. =20

~Matt