Friday, September 28, 2007

Re: a salary question

For classroom teachers, including physical education, our salaries are
tied to experience, background (degree), and, though not with a rigid
scale, merit, never to a specific discipline. I think going down that
road is a mistake. Fortunately, we have not found ourselves in the
position of having to offer special incentives to find teachers in the
more competitive or harder-to-find disciplines.
--
Jim Dunaway
Dean of Faculty