Thursday, December 2, 2010

Re: Full server backup/image

We are using the high availability and disaster recovery products from Quor=
umLabs (www.quorumlabs.com). With the HA device we have file level and ful=
l server backups of each of our Windows servers. Additionally, after each =
backup an image of the server is automatically built (using XenServer) and =
available to be turned on with a few clicks. So in the event that we have =
a failure, we can have that server running again in a matter of minutes (th=
e data is from the last backup). We also have the data replicated off site=
to the DR appliance so that in the event of a real disaster, we can have o=
ur most critical servers running.

All that being said, all of our servers are virtual (vmware) so we are most=
ly protecting against loss of data, data corruption, and disaster. We do n=
ot have one hardware single point of failure.

Stuart Posin
Director of Academic and Administrative Technology
Marlborough School=20
250 South Rossmore Avenue
Los Angeles, California 90004
Tel:=A0=A0 (323) 964-8408
www.marlboroughschool.org

A national leader in secondary education, Marlborough School has been prepa=
ring young women for leadership and contribution since 1889.