Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Re: Apple.com Traffice

There a way to tell automatic update to pull from a local update server if
you set one up. This is normally configured when you re-image your computers
and (I think) involved editing a plist somewhere. That eliminates the
internet traffic.

You can also set-up an internet proxy server that caches the updates so that
when the update is downloaded once from Apple, all subsequent requests pull
form the proxy server.

-----
Steve Taffee | Director of Strategic Projects
Castilleja School | staffee@castilleja.org
1310 Bryant Street | www.castilleja.org
Palo Alto, CA 94301 | taffee.edublogs.org
650.924.1040 (Google Voice)
Women Learning, Women Leading
<http://twitter.com/sjtaffee> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/stevetaffee>
You don't *really* need to print this do you?