Saturday, February 13, 2010

Re: vocabulary building website

I am not an English teacher, but I love the Visual Thesaurus at
http://www.visualthesaurus.com. For years I have found students excited and
willing to "play" with words on this site. Its 3-dimensional representation
of words and their meanings excites kids from 6 - 60? and the active
processing that is inherent with that play promotes memory and usage.

--
John K. Thurner
Ed.D. Ed.M. Harvard Graduate School of Education