Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Re: Looking for Browser Based Hosted Email Solution (UNCLASSIFIED)

I would echo these sentiments. We just switched over one month ago and are
quite pleased with the experience.

Peter

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Jennifer Davenport <
jdavenport@saddleriverday.org> wrote:

> We've deployed Google Apps with great success - it was the perfect
> solution given our needs when we made the switch. If you change your mind
> or are able to convince administrators otherwise, I'd be happy to talk to
> you about our migration. Any problems we've had with it have been on our
> end (mostly in ISP uptime and aging infrastructure) - our uptime has been
> 100%, IMAP migration worked swimmingly, and converting address books took
> very little time and was very easy. Those willing to learn learned GApps
> VERY quickly and have grown to adore it (especially GChat and Calendaring).
> Those unwilling to leave their traditional clients haven't had to be
> forced. It supports IMAP and POP, and therefore most mail clients. There
> will always be detractors to changes in software, but overall, it was a
> smart move for us and has saved us time and money.
>
> Jen
>

> Keith E Gatling wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 10:33 AM, Johnson, Jason P Mr WRAMC_Wash DC <
> > Jason.Johnson3@amedd.army.mil> wrote:
> >

> > > Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
> > > Caveats: NONE
> > >
> > > I wondered if anyone has a good web browser-based, hosted email
> > > recommendation with the following caveats:
> > > --My initial recommendation was Google's education solution but it is
> > > currently out of the running due to negative experiences with the
> > > gmail
> > > service when administrators used it for personal email.
> > >

> > May I ask what the negative experiences with personal email were?
> >
> > [ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
> > Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons,
> > attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
> > RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L

Peter Richardson
Director of Technical Services
Rutgers Preparatory School