Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Re: Wiki Service

Wikispaces is a wonderful tool. You can set the permissions for viewing and=
editing at several levels. It is free unless you want it fully private- th=
at can be accomplished for a small fee. That will also remove the ads from =
the wiki. As educators, you can also set up a fully private, ad free space =
for free.

We used wikispaces as a collaboration space for planning the Classroom of t=
he Future project for the 2008 NAIS Annual Conference in New York. You can =
view this wikispace at: http://naisfutureclassroom.wikispaces.com/. This tu=
rned out to be a wonderful resource as many individuals contributed to the =
space. Besides the text, you will find embedded video, rss feeds from del.i=
cio.us as well as a podcast from gabcast delivered by rss as well.

I have also used it for my own studies. The following wiki (http://utdcogsc=
i.wikispaces.com/Reading+2) was a work space for a presentation I gave last=
year for grad school. We had to work in pairs and this was the best way th=
at we could get our schedules together <grin>- virtual meetings. We then to=
ok this wiki and turned it into a ppt for the presentation.

Chris Bigenho
Director of Educational Technology
Greenhill School
4141 Spring Valley Road