Monday, April 21, 2008

Re: Strategic Planning - Technology

On 4/21/08 1:05 PM, "Melissa Lofton" <mlofton@stmarysschool.org> wrote:

> I need to gather some information for strategic planning. Please answer the
> following:
>
> 1. Are your technology positions separated into instructional and technical
> or are the positions combined?
We have a hybrid with a couple of positions strictly technical and the rest
with some combination of instructional and technical responsibilities.

> 2. What are the titles and general duties of your technology dept., both
> instructional and technical?
Lower School Tech coordinator (tech support, teacher support, some
instruction)
Lower School Tech assistant (same as coordinator, but less FTE)
Middle School Tech coordinator (same as LS)
Upper School Tech coordinator (same as LS)
Help Desk
Network Admin
Director of Tech (Leadership, Planning, Budget, in both educational and
operational technology)

> 3. Does your school have a 1-to-1 program?
Yes

> 4. At which grade level does your 1-to-1 begin?
Program starts in 6th grade and ends in 8th grade

> 5. Do you have special staffing to meet the needs of your 1-to-1 program.
> If yes, please explain.
Help desk position is now full time due to the needs of the 1-to-1. It would
probably be half-time otherwise.