Saturday, April 12, 2008

Re: Yearbook Information

We put out our book on Blurb last year. Everything you say about the
software is true: it's balky, slow, not always stable and can be put
together by one person only.

I solved this last by projecting the screen and having the group make
decisions about layout, what to include, etc. The rest of it, though
frustrating at times, was certainly not insurmountable.

Bottom line is that anyone who comes through our school and sees the book
comments on how it's the most beautiful yearbook they've ever seen. The cost
is high; though not so much relative to other yearbooks I'm aware of.

You can see the first 20 pages
here<http://www.blurb.com/images/uploads/catalog/70/69770/63760-17ed9900e6282e6da9dfec1946ae7e9b.pdf>
.

(Ignore what looks like a mistake on the title page - not sure why it's
coming out that way . . .it certainly did not in the printed copies.)

In peace,

*Norman Maynard*
Principal, Upper School
*Thornton Friends School* <http://www.thorntonfriends.org/>