Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Re: Strategic Planning - Technology

A forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> writes:
>I need to gather some information for strategic planning. Please answer
>the
>following:
>
>1. Are your technology positions separated into instructional and
>technical
>or are the positions combined?

Mostly combined - everyone who is instructional is also tech support to
varying degrees.

>2. What are the titles and general duties of your technology dept., both
>instructional and technical?

Lower School - one technology teacher, she's also the web content admin,
also teaches some Middle School tech classes, does general tech support
for her computer lab and the whole Lower School - she does a lot!!
Middle School - this teacher covers most MS tech classes and teaches US
calculus, first-level support for MS and her computer lab
Upper School - Dir. of Acad. Tech teaches Robotics & Programming, does
Help Desk support, server and network admin

>3. Does your school have a 1-to-1 program?

No