Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Re: Wiki Service

The email configuration that Alecia discusses can be used for any Web 2.0
application which requires email addresses. It is a great way to protect the
privacy of children.

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 7:46 AM, Alecia Berman-Dry <alecia.dry@stjes.com>
wrote:

> In recent months, I have found that pbwiki has become easier to use! In
> fact, now, the teacher just creates a general "key" password. Anyone who
> has
> that password can then edit that site. It eliminates the need to have
> email
> addresses for all kids. They do still have issues with spacing--i.e. their
> tables and paragraph spacing can sometimes be flaky. However, in general,
> their embedded media tools are pretty neat. Wikispaces has always worked
> well for me as well, but you still have to figure a way to get email
> addresses for all kids. Kim Cofino taught me a way to get around that
> using
> gmail. She blogged about it here:
> http://mscofino.edublogs.org/2007/10/18/sign-me-up-the-elementary-email-
> solution-linked-gmail-accounts/<http://mscofino.edublogs.org/2007/10/18/sign-me-up-the-elementary-email-solution-linked-gmail-accounts/>
>

> Alecia Berman-Dry, Technology Coordinator
> St. John's Episcopal School
> Olney, MD
> www.stjes.com
> My blog: http://ed-tech-axis.blogspot.com/

http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L

Vinnie Vrotny
Blog - Multi-Faceted Refractions (vvrotny.edublogs.org)