Thursday, February 7, 2008

Re: Programming Curriculum in Middle School

I highly recommend the text book How to Design Programs - it can be
found online at http://htdp.org/. What I like best is that it teaches
the students to design programs via a recipe that can be applied to any
programming language as they move forward. The book and software
(Scheme - an easy language) are all found on this site and are free.
There is also a helpful list serve.
Good luck,
Ann