Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Re: More on blog article

Marti

The Wired link worked, it just takes a long time to load the
interactive graphic. I left it sit and continued to read the many
interesting opinions about this automatic blog. Eventually the page
loaded. It was very interesting how a post makes it around the globe.

One of the points that I think are not being openly expressed is that
we all should be very proud of our achievements and professional
opinions in our related fields of interest. The blog or whatever Web
2.0 feature is used is in fact a very new way of doing our everyday
tasks. It does feel strange, but it is a matter of re-training for us
old guys. While I tremendously value the ISED listserve - mostly as a
lurker - it does create 90% of my email volume. Maybe, with some
work, changing my habits to frequent the blogs, forums, nings will
lead to better collaboration. Keep in mind that even though it is
"public" in reality only people with similar interests will be
reading the posts and sharing their thoughts.

We should continue to open and honest with our opinions and share
them in both the listserve and our new 21st century tools that we so
strongly espouse.

Fred Austin
Technology Coordinator
The Oakwood School