Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Re: Continuing the discussion about the ISED-L availability on the web and as an RSS feed

Bill,

Thanks for the feedback, particularly the technical aspects of
implementation. I think you have described it best as hamfisted.
When I've beaten the flu and my mind has cleared, I will look into the
solution you discussed.

As to the Creative Commons, I hadn't realized that content posted to a
CC-licensed site could be issued a different CC or none at all. Of
interest to me is that every posting from the listserv claims that
post is CC. Every ISED-L post that comes my way includes the caveat,
"Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons,
attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license." I guess that's not
actually the case. I wonder if there is some sort of automatic filter
which can be applied by individuals so that their post which is
different from the default is somehow treated differently.

I am indeed sorry that the implementation of this idea has caused so
much consternation amongst the members of the listserv. Frankly, I am
absolutely amazed at the response both on the list and off-line. And,
had I known about the undocumented RSS feed from Syracuse, I'd never
have even attempted to build a feed. As the commercial says, "I
should have had a V-8."

Once this all stops boiling over, it might be interesting to examine
some of the underlying beliefs which support the various positions. I
find it most interesting.

Thanks for your thoughtful response.

Peace,

/s/ Peter

P.S. Is this your blog you were referring to:
http://www.funnymonkey.com/blog/1?

--
"Omnia mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis."
~~ Nicholas Borbonius

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."
~~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

==