Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Re: ASUS EeePC (Linux-Citrix)

We've been using Linux to provide the primary computing environment
while accessing Windows apps through Citrix for 3 years now. The latest
citrix client is absolutely beautiful. It integrates all of your
Windows apps seamlessly into the Linux application menu. We've also
been assessing our students and faculty on how the Linux laptop program
has been going. You can find all of our research on our blog,
http://linuxlatops.blogspot.com.

I am excited about the Eee as well. To those of you who fear Linux,
trust me, your students will not after about 5 minutes. To those who
fear the cost of Citrix, the savings of Linux (and especially the Eee)
will pay for Citrix over and over and over again!

Take care,
Alex

Alex Inman
Director of Technology