Monday, January 7, 2008

Re: Parent Survey (Feedback Requested)

Hi Lisa,

A few thoughts...

1. Your demographic questions deal with access. How are you
disseminating the link? The very fact that the survey is online will
skew the validity of that data in favor of those who are connected.

2. On question 3, you may want to offer an option comment box for
further explanation. It might provide some very interesting qualitative
data.

3. On question 5, you are making the parents aware with the question.
Thus, consider changing the language to "Prior to reading each of the
facts about St. Raphael's School's efforts to enhance teaching and
learning through the use of technology, how aware were you of the
following?" I know that sounds silly but it really makes a difference
to some people taking the survey and would otherwise skew towards people
knowing versus not knowing.

Otherwise, great job and good luck with your data collection!!

Take care,
Alex

Alex Inman
Director of Technology