Saturday, December 4, 2010

Re: Do We Need To Teach Keyboarding?

I'm wondering the same thing, but I worry that in addition to have a whole
generation that doesn't write in cursive we will we also have a generation
of kids who can't type properly or more than 20 wpm? When I taught
keyboarding years ago I would start in 2nd grade and the students were keen
about getting the right fingering and practiced it whenever their hands hit
the keyboard. I'd hate to throw that away because we couldn't find the time.
I am curious to hear others' observations.
-Ann