Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Re: ISED on a Blog? Your thoughts?

What an interesting discussion topic. This really goes way beyond the ISED =
List and speaks to the heart of the interconnected Internet and the "social=
life" that information takes today. I must say, that I was surprised to fi=
nd my posts to the ISED List showing up in Google searches. These become pu=
blic when the list is archived. I also understand the issue with the repost=
ing of conversations from the list on blogs being more "social". Netiquette=
would have use seek permission prior to any reposting. It is a courtesy th=
at should be offered when reposting another person's words. However, David =
Weinberger et al. in the Cluetrain Manifesto (www.cluetrain.com) make it cl=
ear that the flow of information, image and in this case, reposting, near i=
mpossible to control in the hyperlinked, hyper-connected world in which we =
live.

While I would like to think that I might be consulted prior to my words bei=
ng reposted on a blog, I also accept that as a part of the new reality and =
hope that I am true to the words I write. I have been amazed at the informa=
tion that has shown up on the web related to things I have done, said or wr=
itten. Both Dan Pink and the authors of the Cluetrain Manifesto talk about =
the power of story. I guess, in a way, we are all leaving behind an interac=
tive story for others to discover.

Chris Bigenho
Director of Educational Technology
Greenhill School
4141 Spring Valley Road
Addison, TX 75001
Ph. 972-628-5479
Fx. 972-628-5279
bigenhoc@greenhill.org
www.greenhill.org

AIM: chris bigenho
Yahoo: chris_bigenho
Skype: chris_bigenho
Tapped In: ChrisWB

[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.