Saturday, June 5, 2010

Re: polyvision

We have both threee Eno boards (with ultra-short throw Hitachi) and one
Brightlink now. See Fred's link about our experiences and comparisions.

In sum, the Hitachi has a frustrating tendency to warp the edges of the
projected image, which is very noticable when showing videos. The
Brightlink doesn't appear to have this issue, and it's pen also seems to
have a faster response time than the Eno board. Also, the Eno board itself
was not cheap-- using a Brightlink and a regular whiteboard could be almost
half the price of an Eno board install for us.

We wouldn't use a standard projector (long throw) with the Eno boards,
because of the shadow problems.

Jim Heynderickx
Director of Technology
American School in London