Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Re: Public Folders Exchange 2003 and iPhones

Just a side note for those of you running Exchange 2003 with Public Folders.

It is possible (and in fact, encouraged) to maintain Public Folders in
Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010 but ONLY if you still have legacy Outlook
clients in the environment. When you install Exchange 2007 or 2010, you
will be asked if you still have Outlook 2003 clients. If you answer yes,
Public Folders will be installed automatically. But as Steven rightly
points out, Public Folders are being deprecated and Microsoft is encourage
people to leverage SharePoint for common file distribution.

TJ

TJ Rainsford
E: tjrainsford@gmail.com