Thursday, June 10, 2010

Re: Calendar adjustments for ACT and/or SAT testing?

We don't. Performing arts and athletics have to attend to this, for obvious
reasons. Pain in the neck for the athletic leagues, but they just run game
times back when they're trapped into using one of the days.

That would be 6 ACT dates and 7 SAT dates per year, incidentally--a whole
lotta light homework weekends, potentially. That's unless you want to
prescribe test dates, which we wouldn't.

Good luck--Peter Gow

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Smith, Scott <SmithS@bolles.org> wrote:

> I am researching whether any schools adjust their academic calendar
> (limited classroom testing or homework, etc., around ACT or SAT
> weekends). I have had an inquiry from an interested parent/board member.
>
> Thank you for any feedback.
>
> Scott Smith
> Associate Head of School/Academic Dean
> The Bolles School
>
> [ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=128874]

Peter Gow
Director of College Counseling and Special Programs
Beaver Country Day School
791 Hammond Street
Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts 02467
www.bcdschool.org