Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Re: Digital Media Signage

Scott,

I did a lot of research a year or so ago on this as well and didn't like
anything I found anywhere. But, was happy to find MediaTile. Their devices
were geared towards advertising, but reworking it a bit has worked out well
for us. There was one other vendor I though was decent and I will find and
forward. We bought Mediatile.

A little write-up I did in May
http://mer.gy/digsign

Mediatile
http://mediatile.com/

Big deals for me:
1. Central point of content to push down to all
2. Wireless (no vga over cat5/cat6)
3. Minimal cabling
4. Internet apps (taking the RSS news feed off our site, etc)

and some others. They are basically LCDs with a small PC in the chassis.
Wireless networking and cell signals available. We have been running one
since March 09 and have been happy with more to come as we can afford.

Jonathan
Jonathan Mergy <jmergy@lwhs.org>
Director Of Technology
Lick-Wilmerding High School