Friday, June 19, 2009

Re: Teacher Expectations with Technology

We are struggling with this issue ourselves. I have couched it
differently to the principals as "What is the responsibility for
teachers to keep up with the changes in their profession?" after I had
yet another request for more training. (Training, BTW, that everybody
seems to want but hardly anybody can be bothered to show up to unless
it's required.) Rather than focusing on the tech, I prefer to focus on
the changes in the profession. After all, you don't want a surgeons
using ten year old techniques on you just because they didn't keep up
with the changes in treatment.

Derrel