Thursday, June 25, 2009

Re: Subs using Technology

Great Topic! Please keep this public. For now we ask the teachers to
always have alternate plans that do not involve technology and if they
know they will be absent to create a plan that does not involve
computer or laptop use. This comes from our experience of subs not
being familiar with our policies or lack of tech knowledge needed to
implement the tech for the day, and really this is no different than a
teacher not wanting a sub to do an extensive science lab or project
that involves any materials that the sub may not be familiar with.
If we have a long term sub situation, I or our director will meet with
and set up the sub with a login or go over some quick things they may
need to know.

You bring up an interesting point with the smartboards, we have just
implemented ActivBoards in 8 classes and are getting 10 more soon, and
this also needs to be considered. Looking forward to hearing what
others do.

Lisa Douthit
Technology Resources & Locust Systems Admin
Notre Dame de Sion
ldouthit@ndsion.edu

"CQ + PQ > IQ. Curiosity Quotient plus Passion Quotient is more
important than Intelligence Quotient."
~Tom Friedman